Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Song Review #2 - Right above it - Lil wayne

  "Right Above It" was Lil Waynes first single from his eighth album "I am Not a Human Being" officially released on iTunes august 17th, 2010. 
This song was also similar to Tupacs song - He had a similar quote from his, in his new song. Which was " I ain't a killer, but don't push me."
Right Above It debuted on the charts number 6th on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts,  dated September 4th 2010, ... making it the highest new song on the chart for a whole week, and it became number 1 on the Billboard  Hot Digital Songs, becoming the very first Lil wayne song to top this chart. He sold over a million copies. All his songs are related to his life - situations he has been through - things that have happened, and impacted him throughout his whole life. Although some people don't refer to this kind of music, hip hop/r&b, some of the songs can be very powerful and meaningful - but everyone has their own taste in what music they like. 
Overall I think this is an awesome song. It has a hip hop feel to it, and it catches my attention.. and I would listen to it all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment